REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR LEARNER'S PERMIT
- Must be 15 ½ years of age or older (must hold Learner's Permit for 6 months or 30 days if 18 or over)
- Must show your CONTRACT from Alert Driving School after completing class
- Have 1 primary ID (see pg. 1-1 of Oklahoma Driver's Manual) Original Birth Certificate or Passport Is Most Common
- Have 1 secondary ID (see pg. 1-2 of Oklahoma Driver's Manual) Social Security Card Is Most Common
- Have Social Security card or know the number
- Have School Letter (includes proof of enrollment in school and a passing grade on 8th Grade Reading Test).
- If you are Home Schooled you will need to take an 8th Grade Reading Test (we can administer it for you) and Documentation (Affidavit) of Home School.
- Parent or legal guardian must accompany applicant to sign authorization certification forms required by law. This is you giving your student permission to pursue their license and the state taking your child's finger prints.
- A Parent or Legal Guardian may now choose to print this PARENT AUTHORIZATION TO OBTAIN DRIVER LICENSE. Next, complete it in front of a Notary to allow someone else take your student to DPS on your behalf to process the paperwork for your student to obtain their Permit.
- The Tag Agency will collect a $42.50 license fee (plus $4 for each test failure)
Restrictions on OK Learner's Permit
- Licensed Driver age 21 or over with at least 2 years driving experience must be in the front seat (restriction "9" on L.P) for a minimum of 50 hours behind the wheel, 10 of those hours at night and 10 of those on the highway before they are eligible for the State Road Test
- If a Restriction 9 driver is at fault in an accident or receives a moving violation, the probation period starts over from the date of the violation; additionally restriction 9 drivers are valid to drive between the hours of 5 AM to 10 PM only.