DRIVERS ED INSTRUCTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Alert Driving School is looking to hire in-car instructors!
Candidates to provide in-car instruction to students ages 15 and above. Bilingual is required.
Candidates should expect to be available a minimum of 10 hours per week up to 40 hours per week. We do have flexible schedules available with some weekend availability required.
Candidates should be aware there is a 3-6 week unpaid certification process (training timeframe depends on you) PRIOR to being eligible to receive pay. There is an upfront investment to become a certified instructor of $200 which is for the 30 hour online portion of the certification process.
- 30 hour online education requirement
- 10 hour in class observation requirement
- 8 hour in-car observation of an instructor instructing a student
- 8 hour in-car instruction of a student with instructor observing you from the back seat
- Paperwork submitted to Department of Public Safety (Copy of Valid OK Drivers License, Copy of OSBI Finger Print Background Check, Copy of High School Diploma or equivalent)
- Once processed, DPS sends an invitation for you to go to a DPS testing facility to take a written, vision and driving test. Once you receive the passing grade of 80% or greater your certificates will be issued and once received you will be eligible to begin instructing and therefore eligible to "be on the clock.
Job Type: Part-time and Full-Time
Starting Pay Range: $10 - 20/hour
Once you complete the short online application below we will follow up with next steps.
Drivers Ed Instructor
Alert Driving School – OKC's Premier Driving School and/or Alert Driving School Commercial Drivers Ed Instructor Initial Application